bed and breakfast – welcome to pine point lake house – a laurentian landscape dream
experience a different bed and breakfast — in luxury and comfort — in the private residence and studio-gallery of award winning Canadian landscape artist gordon harrison and his partner gallerist, phil émond.
pine point lake house is a five-star certified bed and breakfast by la corporation de l’industrie touristique du québec and l’association terroirs et saveurs du québec.
the lakehouse is located in the municipality of entrelacs – 25 minutes north-est of Saint-Sauveur, 45 minutes south of mont-tremblant, 2.25 hours from ottawa, 1.25 hour north of Montréal and 6 hours from totonro.
articles about the bed and breakfast
rates and reservations – bed and breakfast
$275 for two people per night or $245 for one person per night. Minimum two-night stay. a full breakfast is served by the fireplace, in your room or on the veranda. appetizers and one cocktail are also served daily in the afternoon. lunch and dinner at the lake house by reservation only.
cancellation and changes – no refunds will be issued under in any circumstances. however, the guest may change the dates of their reservation up to 14 days before their arrival date based on availability.
contact the gallery to reserve your stay.
we will be happy to prepare gift certificates that guests may use to book a stay at pine point lake house.
directions to pine point lake house
located on lac-des-Iles in the municipality of entrelacs in the laurentians. 25 minutes from saint-sauveur; 45 minutes to mont-tremblant; 1 hour from montréal; 2.25 hours from ottawa; and 6 hours from toronto.
directions from Laurentians Highway Autoroute 15 North
Take exit 69 – Ste-Marguerite-Esterel and follow Route 370 (chemin Pierre-Peladeau) for 11.6 kilometers until the very end and turn left on chemin Masson. You will be in the town of Ste-Marguerite-du-Lac-Masson. At the stop sign will be a church on the left and lac masson in front of you.
Turn left onto Chemin Masson and follow for 3.1 kilometers.
Turn right onto Chemin d’Entrelacs and follow for 5.9 kms.
Turn left onto chemin Lac-Violon for 0.5 kms and look for gordon harrison sign and large wooden grey gate.
the lake house – our history
gordon harrison finds great inspiration in the laurentian landscapes that have surrounded him at a very young age. in 1902, gordon’s great grandfather, an entrepreneur, exchanged a piano for land. five generations later, the family continues to enjoy quiet and relaxing times on the lake.
pine point is a new residence built on a point on Lac-des-Îles, in the municipality of entrelacs. the house is surrounded by mature pine trees. Inside, it is a tasteful and modern setting for harrison’s Canadian landscapes.
the lake house – our three roomy suites
the bed and breakfast offers three roomy suites with a spectacular view on the lake and its many islands.
rhapsodie des pins offers a king-size bed with ensuite bathroom and terrace, facing the lake.
concerto de bouleaux offers a king-size bed which can be converted in two twin beds, an ensuite bathroom and stoned wood-burning fireplace, facing the lake with private terrace.
symphonie des érables offers a king size bed which can also be converted in two twin beds and an ensuite bathroom with bidet and view of the lake. It is located above the artist studio with its staircase and offers a spectacular view on the lac-des-îles.
all three suites have their own sitting area, a flat screen television, satellite audio and large private washroom with walk-in shower. Guests can enjoy cosy comforts like luxury linens, plush bathrobes and fine toiletries.
the lake house – photos of the inside and the landscapes
services available at the lake house
- fine dining – lunch and dinner on reservation
- wireless internet
- satellite television netflix and radio
- massage therapy with nathalie mondou, registered massage therapist
- private yoga session with a certified yoga instructor
- access to the lake
- one day coaching painting session with the artist in his studio
- two kayaks, one paddle board, two bicycles and snowshoes available for guests
pamper yourself at one of the laurentian scandanavian spas
- le polo bear’s club in piedmont
- la source bains nordiques in rawdon
- ofuro spa in morin-heights
- le scandinave spa in tremblant
discover the flavours and aromas of some of the best restaurants in the laurentians
- donalda – 996, rue Valiquette – 450 – 229 – 2727
- chez milot – 958, rue Valiquette – 450 – 229 – 2838
- à l’express gourmand – 31, rue Morin – 450 229.1915
- adèle bistro – 1241, chemin du chanteclerc – 450.229.4894
- recto verso – 814, chemin pierre-péladeau – 450.229.9555
- clémentine tendances du marché – 2459, de l’église – 819.322.2911
- la chaumière du village – 15, rue principale est
- sEb l’artisan culinaire – 444, rue saint george – 450.429.6991
hike or cycle in some of the most beautiful places in the laurentians
- parc régional de la foret oureau in notre-dame-de-la-merci
- tremblant national park
- le petit train du nord trail – a 220 kilometer linear park that crosses the laurentian hills and villages
a great place to ski – feel the fresh air and discover the laurentian winterscapes
step outside the door directly on lac-des-îles and cross-country ski or snowshoe on the lake or along la rivière du nord – one of the most popular tourist destinations or oureau park or the trails of l’estérel
ski the laurentians and discover the spectacular mountain views
- mont-gabriel – 450-227-4671
- mont saint-sauveur – 450-227-4671
- saint-faustin – mont-blanc – 800-567-6715
- mont avila – 450-227-4671
- station mont-tremblant – 819-681-2000
a paradise for golfers
be part of the laurentian landscape and enjoy some of the greatest places to golf.
- club de golf de l’estérel – 44 Fridolin-Simard – 450-228-4532
- alpine In – 1440, chemin pierre-péladeau – 450-229-1545
- golf mont-gabriel – 1699, chemin mont-gabriel – 450-227-7983
- le chantecler – 2520, chemin du club – 1-888-916-1616
- club de golf laurentien – laurentian golf and country club – 21, chemin du golf – 819.326.3022
- balmoral club de golf – 100, chemin balmoral – 450-226-5656 ext. 223
- club de golf du lac masson – 535, chemin masson – 450-228-2828
places we recommend you visit
- chemin des terroirs et saveurs – a farmlands gourmet and artisans route through the country sides
- 1001 pots val-david – an exhibit of québec ceramic potters in val-david
- the shops, boutiques and restaurants in saint-sauveur
- festival des arts de saint-sauveur – a dance festival taking place end of July begging of august each year
- souper-théâtre à saint-sauveur et sainte-adèle – each year plays with known french actors are held and are a huge success – in french only
- music, art and dance festivals and events listed at laurentides.com
- ironman triathlons in tremblant
- the laurentian colours in the fall are spectacular everywhere
- visit the artist in his studio
artist’s studio in the laurentians
the laurentians bring gordon harrison the inspiration to create collections of new work from his recent travels across canada.
one day coaching sessions and four-day art retreats are offered by the artist for those who have never painted, are amateur painters as well as professional artists who want to experience a different style.
what people are saying
“stunning inside out – this spectacular glass and wood home looks out onto a sparkling lake caressed by breezes, shaded by pine and rock. gordon harrison, noted landscape artist, works in his studio above the house, while partner phil emond has fashioned a stunning cascade of massive stone steps and flowers exploding with colour on the grounds–really a landscape masterpiece in its own right. Inside, the lines, light, design and carefully selected works by harrison combine in ways that delight the visitor in every room and with every vista. the bedrooms on the lower floor are at once luxurious and spare. The swimming is sweet and private. a kayak is available. this five-star b and b is easily accessible from montreal, and is close to a group of intimate villages, both rustic and high-end, and a seemingly endless supply of small, clear lakes nestled in the laurentian hills. harrison and emond offer art retreats, too. this grand venue has gravitational pull. we’ll be back!” Ted J
“absolute paradise – my husband and I spent a most enjoyable week-end at this fabulous place. royal service, divine food. the chef cooked two fabulous breakfast and as we had opted to have both dinner in house, we were served a delicious osso bucco an a filet mignon of deer. even though we had a lot of rain, we totally enjoyed our stay.”
“the ultimate lake house getaway – my husband and i have stayed two times during the summer at Pine Point Lake House and loved it both times. The cottage is stunning architecturally, made of wood, glass and stone, filled with lots of light and breathtaking views of Lac Violin. The walls are decorated with landscape paintings of gordon’s, that changed with each visit. The food was delicious and Phil really went out of his way to set a beautiful breakfast on their outside 2nd floor balcony overlooking the lake on our first visit. In our 2012 visit there was a lovely waterfall feature and outdoor hot tub added to the property, which added to the outdoor enjoyment of the cottage. There is also a private stone patio outside each of the guest rooms, overlooking the dock and lake. At the dock area there are some lounge chairs and a kayak for people’s use. The lake is very clean and refreshing to swim in. gordon and phil were wonderful company and made you feel right at home. The best part of the visit was having a painting session with Gordon. I felt so honoured that such a prominent canadian landscape painter was willing to take a day of his time to instruct and paint for the day with me. I also attended a summer week-long art retreat in August, 2012 and found the whole week to be be the most enjoyable and most inspirational time I have had in years. can’t wait to go back!” nancy yanaky and dave nault, napanee, ontario
“a perfect getaway – breathtaking surrounding conducive to relaxation. pampered accommodations with delicious meals. all this plus the vibrant, stimulating canadian landscape art of gordon harrison.”
“perfect getaway – i took my sister to pine point to paint with gordon harrison for her 50th birthday. the food was wonderful, the accomodations were superb and the painting with gordon was a truly memorable experience. the property has a breathtaking view of the lake, a hot tub, amazing bedroom with our own patio.” Marie-France L’Ecuyer, Gatineau, Québec